Monday, January 26, 2009

{Altered Mailbox For A Boy}

Altered Mailbox - The making of a mailbox. I found this cardboard mailbox at WalMart for $4, and as you can see it is not one of the little ones, it is good sized (that's my foot long paper trimmer for size comparison). I thought it would be fun to alter it for Trent to use at his Valentines Day Party this year. The only trick is that it definately needed to be more boyish for my 8 year old, little man, and not covered with pink paper and lots of hearts and girly stuff like that.
I am really happy with how it came out. I bought some bright boyish paper and covered the mailbox body with 4 different patterns. The seams of the paper going over the top have a flat red ribbon with black dots (not too girly) and the side seam is a strip of paper cut with decorative scissors - first time I have used my decor scissors in years! The little heart flag came with the box but I added a cute little heart sticker. A little bit of heart stuff is ok
My favorite part of the box is the little envelope on the side I cut with my scalloped envelope die cut. I put his name on with letter stickers and put a little valentine in it peeking out a little bit.
This is the view from the top and you can see the front of the box where I put a few little foam hearts after covering it.
And the back of the box where I put a chip board letter "t" for Trent.
Best of all, he loves it! Happy Crafting:)

3 comments: